The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Spicy!!!!




Oh man I had such a spicy craving tonight...and I DON'T EVEN LIKE SPICY FOOD! Weird! I told Derek I was having Pregnant Lady cravings...and no I'm not Pregnant I just really wanted food with a kick! 

I take back what I said...I do enjoy a spicy flavor I love southwest salads! So I decided as one of my sides tonight I would have a southwest Quinoa salad, I will admit I was not a fan of the dressing on the salad, I was alone in that...my husband loved it he said it was very flavorful. I think I would enjoy having just lime juice sprinkled over the top! But try it out and see what you think!

My husband was thrilled, he is such a spicy food fan, he actually says I'm bland in my tastes. Which may be true! He couldn't stop himself! That is the goal in my mind! 

Probably the most exciting moment tonight was when my two year old tried the roasted asparagus and said "Mom, this tastes good!" He munched that stuff down! I was so happy. 

If you are ready for some food with a kick that is clean and healthy then this is the meal for you!

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

 1 pound Chicken Breast
2 T cajun seasoning
3 T honey
1/2 T coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2 C salsa

Add chicken to the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients over the top of chicken. Cook on high for 2 hours. Stir after 2 hours to make sure it is all coated. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 4 hours. Enjoy!

South West Quinoa Salad
1/2 red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 C corn
1 can black beans
1 C uncooked quinoa

Add uncooked quinoa to 2 cups of water. Cook until water is absorbed. Meanwhile, add 1 T olive oil to a skillet. Add red pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute until slightly tender. Add corn and black beans. Cook over low for 3 minutes. Add quinoa and cook another 3 minutes. Add dressing to skillet and absorb flavors together for about 2 minutes! Enjoy

Southwest Dressing
Juice from 2 limes
2 T olive oil
2 T chili powder
1 T cumin
2 T red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
Combine all ingredients well.

*Tomorrow I'm going to be doing a post on healthy snacks that are sure to help you in workout recovery as well as helping you stay on track this holiday season! *

No comments:

Post a Comment