The Healthy, Happy Ebook

Search This Blog


Welcome!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm young, I'm in love with my man, and I'm a mommy. We're busy, but happy. I'll share with you how to eat natural, healthy, whole foods while balancing family life! Learn to love your food, it will love you back!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Chicken Veggie Skillet




Ok- This may be a short post, but I had to post this! This was DELICIOUS! I love when made up dinners turn out AWESOME! So My husband said he would buy this dinner....I enjoyed that compliment! It is quick and very low fat. It technically isn't considered clean since I used 1/4 of a ranch dressing packet and Italian dressing packed...but it really made an awesome flavor...so I'm sticking with it! -Here is my lesson for this post...did you know that you don't need to use butter when cooking meet or oils? Use broth! First of all it prevents sticking and it also makes the meat juicy which is the goal right? There you go...use broth...ditch the oils and butter.

Chicken Veggie Skillet

1 lb chicken, cubed
1 medium zucchini
1/2 yellow onion
1 cup frozen corn
1 yellow squash
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup veggie or chicken stock (low sodium)
1/4 ranch dressing packet
1/4 Italian dressing packet
1/2 tsp. chili powder
pepper to taste

Add broth to a skillet. Add cubed chicken and chili powder. Cook over med-high heat.  When chicken is browning on all sides add red pepper and onion. Saute with the chicken until the vegetables begin to be tender. Add remaining vegetables. Add in seasonings from both dressing packets. Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until the broth and seasoning form a thicker sauce. Serve over rice or Quinoa! 

*you can add any vegetables you would like it all would be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment